Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Something of a holiday favorite around our friends and family. In fact, we get pretty competitive about whose balls are the best... The recipe is infinitely customizable. You can substitute vanilla wafers or graham crackers for the ginger snaps, walnuts for the pecans, and/or other liqueurs for the rum, and add spices or cocoa powder to the powdered sugar for extra fun. This is my favorite variant, though. My favorite rum to use in these is Gosling's Black Seal, though Pyrat is not bad. These are easy to make, but really sticky. The recipe makes 24-36, depending on how big your balls are.
- 2 cups pecans, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups crumbled ginger snaps
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup rum
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Combine nuts, crumbs, honey, and rum.
- Chill about 15 minutes.
- Roll into small balls.
- Roll in powdered sugar to coat.
- Let sit a day or so before serving.
- Remind people that there is indeed booze therein, because, you know, there is.