Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
The spice rub delivers huge flavor without marinating. Beef tenderloin makes the best kebab because they don't need a liquid soak to tenderize.
- 4.92 ml cumin seed, coarsely cracked in a mortar
- 4.92 ml coriander seed, coarsely cracked in mortar
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cracked black peppercorns
- 453.59 g beef tenderloin, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 8 medium mushroom caps
- 1 small onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- In a medium bowl, mix the cumin, coriander, oregano, salt and pepper.
- In another medium bowl, toss the beef cubes with 1 tbsp oil. Place the beef in the spices and toss to coat.
- Thread the beef cubes onto skewers with the mushrooms and onion wedges.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining 2 tablespoons oil with the lemon juice and soy sauce.
- Preheat a gas grill on high (or build a charcole fire and let burn until covered with white ash.).
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill the kebabs, cover, turning and basting occasionally with the lemon-soy mixture, until the beef is medium-rare, about 8 minutes. Serve hot.