Julie Tremmel's Note:
The spice rub delivers huge flavor without marinating. Beef tenderloin makes the best kebab because they don't need a liquid soak to tenderize.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, coarsely cracked in a mortar
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, coarsely cracked in mortar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
- 1 lb beef tenderloin, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 medium mushroom caps
- 1 small onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1In a medium bowl, mix the cumin, coriander, oregano, salt and pepper.
- 2In another medium bowl, toss the beef cubes with 1 tbsp oil. Place the beef in the spices and toss to coat.
- 3Thread the beef cubes onto skewers with the mushrooms and onion wedges.
- 4In a small bowl, mix the remaining 2 tablespoons oil with the lemon juice and soy sauce.
- 5Preheat a gas grill on high (or build a charcole fire and let burn until covered with white ash.).
- 6Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill the kebabs, cover, turning and basting occasionally with the lemon-soy mixture, until the beef is medium-rare, about 8 minutes. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced-Rubbed Beef Tenderloin Kebabs
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.2
- Calories from Fat 301
- Total Fat 33.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 97.4 mg
- Sodium 612.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 30.5 g