Recipe by cherry's eats
Low in added sugar, quick and easy to do, YUMMY and who would have thought you could roast strawberries????
- 500 g strawberries, husks removed and washed, if they're big, just cut in half
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split with the seeds scraped out
- fresh cracked black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place strawberries in a large ovenproof dish, stir in all the ingredients making sure the strawberries are well coated.
- Roast in a moderate oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately with plain vanilla ice cream, or to be really decadent, a large dollop of King Island Cream.
- Note: As fresh vanilla bean pods are expensive (thanks very much to Coca Cola), you can substitute vanilla sugar or vanilla essence, but for a real treat, save up for the fresh pods.