Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great soup for a cold day
- 4 medium parsnips, cubed
- 2 medium carrots, cubed
- 1 medium onion, cut into 8 pieces
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into 8 pieces
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered turmeric
- salt and pepper
- 3 1⁄4 cups vegetable stock or 3 1⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- place all the vegetables including the garlic into a large bowl, add the olive oil, spices, seasoning and mix together.
- Transfer mixture onto a baking tray and roast in the oven until the vegetables are soft and beginning to brown.
- Remove vegetables from the oven and place in a blender of food processor and blend thoroughly, adding hot stock through the spout until the desired consistency is reached.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice to each bowl and garnish with parsley.