Recipe by auntchelle
It's the spice blend here that's different to other recipes. A great low-carb snack. (Australian measurements used)
Top Review by Natalie137
I had made spiced roasted chickpeas before, but didn't save the recipe, which I loved. I thought this might have been it, but it most definitely is not. The spice mixture did next to nothing to flavor the beans, perhaps because much of it fell off during the roasting process which, after an hour and 20 minutes, hadn't crisped the beans. I was really disappointed with this recipe and I'll keep searching for the fabulous one I used before. I think the key is to use a bit more oil, so the spices stick to the beans and the beans faux fry.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 cups chickpeas, drained (either canned or cooked)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F).
- Heat oil in a small frying pan. Add spices and pepper to taste, and cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Put chickpeas into a bowl and then pour the spice mix over them. Toss to combine. Spread chickpeas over the base of a shallow ovenproof dish (or lined tray) and bake for about 1 hour (or until crunchy).
- Remove from oven and cool. Store in an airtight container.