Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Admittedly, this recipe is only for those that really like the taste of pumpkin itself (not just pumpkin pie).If you don't already, this recipe will not convert you. In this dish, the spices add to the natural earthy flavor of the pumpkin (to me, a bit like sweet potato or yam but not as sweet).
- 1 kg pumpkin, then peeled,deseeded and cut in 1 inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C.
- In a spice mill or coffee grinder, grind together the coriander seeds, fennel seeds, chili and salt until fine.
- Place the pumpkin cubes in a large bowl.
- Pour the oil over, and mix well.
- Sprinkle the spice mix over, and mix well, insuring that all cubes are coated.
- Place pumpkin in a large baking pan in one layer (a 13 X 9 inch should suffice) and bake 30-40 minutes turning occasionally until the cubes are golden brown and caramelized.
- Serve warm from the oven.