Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is so good. I found it in a promotional salad cookbook. It is a beautiful salad and absolutely different and delicious! It is so easy and I am always asked for the recipe. I use a lot of extra pistachios, lime wedges & cilantro as garnish.
- 1⁄2 cup long grain brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup white long-grain rice
- 1⁄4 cup dates (pits removed & cut in slivers)
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot (cut in slivers)
- 1⁄3 cup pistachio nut (toasted, if you like)
- 4 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 5 tablespoons pistachio oil (or your preference)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- Shake all dressing ingredients in a jar.
- Cook two rices separately by pkg instructions.
- Mix the cooked rice together with dressing.
- Add dates, apricots, chives, pistachios& mix.
- Serve at room temperature.
This is a very nice and very different salad. I liked the combination of flavors in the salad, but may play around with the dressing in the future. Thanks for sharing.