Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
My variation of a recipe posted elsewhere on this site.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 1⁄2 cups nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 16 (1 g) packets Equal sugar substitute
- Combine rice, milk, salt and spices in a saucepan.
- Heat at medium until just barely boiling. Simmer 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add extracts and Equal.
- Cool to room temperature. Transfer to servingware. Place a layer of plastic wrap in contact with the surface of the pudding to prevent a skin from forming. Cover tightly and refrigerate. Serve cold.