Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This comes from 365 Low-Fat Recipes. You can serve this over angel food cake or frozen yogurt. It can be made with frozen rhubarb, just increase the baking time by 5-10 minutes.
- 1 lb fresh rhubarb, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 whole cloves
- 4 allspice berries
- lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Toss rhubarb with sugar in a shallow 2 quart baking dish.
- Add cinnamon, cloves, allspice and lemon zest. Cover with a lid or foil.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Stir gently to dissolve sugar.
- Bake, covered, until rhubarb is tender, but not mushy, about 15 minutes longer.
- Let cool, covered, in dish set on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate until well chilled, at least 3 hours. Remove cinnamon stick, cloves and allspice before serving.