Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great traditonal english dish with a twist. Serve with hot pot (potato and meat stew) or at Christmas time with anything
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 500 g red cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons ruby port
- Heat oil and gently fry the onion until softened.
- Add allspice, cabbage and salt and cook over a low heat for five minutes. Cabbage should be tender but with some bite.
- Cabbage can now be left until next day if desired.
- Add port and simmer until piping hot.
- Season if needed.