1 hr 30 mins
Doreen Randal's Note:
This quick and easy to mix. I warmed the apricot jam before brushing it on the cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups raisins
- 250 g butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup nuts, whole, roasted, mixed
- 1Put raisins in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and simmer 15 minutes. Drain.
- 2Chop butter into small pieces and stir into hot fruit.
- 3Beat eggs, sugar and lemon rind until combined.
- 4Sift flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg together and add to the fruit with the egg mixture.
- 5Spoon the mixture into a 20cm round tin, (line the bottom with baking paper). Bake at 160 C for 1 - 1 1/2 hours or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- 6Cool cake in tin 10 minutes before turning out on to a wire rack.
- 7When cold, brush top of cake with jam and scatter over chopped toffee nuts.
- 8Toffee Nuts:- Melt sugar gently in a heavy-based fry pan until it starts to colour. Do not stir.
- 9Add nuts and pour out on a greased oven tray to cool.
- 10When cold, chop nuts roughly.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Raisin Cake
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 540.0
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 97.4 mg
- Sodium 248.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 49.5 g
- Protein 7.1 g