Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This quick and easy to mix. I warmed the apricot jam before brushing it on the cake.
Make and share this Spiced Raisin Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Put raisins in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and simmer 15 minutes. Drain.
- Chop butter into small pieces and stir into hot fruit.
- Beat eggs, sugar and lemon rind until combined.
- Sift flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg together and add to the fruit with the egg mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into a 20cm round tin, (line the bottom with baking paper). Bake at 160 C for 1 - 1 1/2 hours or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool cake in tin 10 minutes before turning out on to a wire rack.
- When cold, brush top of cake with jam and scatter over chopped toffee nuts.
- Toffee Nuts:- Melt sugar gently in a heavy-based fry pan until it starts to colour. Do not stir.
- Add nuts and pour out on a greased oven tray to cool.
- When cold, chop nuts roughly.