Recipe by JustJanS
A nice simple recipe I'm posting for a request. Cooking time doesn't include marinating.
- 6 quail
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Curried Butter Sauce
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 125 g butter, melted and hot
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine quail, ginger, cardamom, cumin and lime juice in a bowl, refrigerate a few hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, tie quail legs together and cover the legs with aluminium foil.
- Place quail on a rack in a baking dish and cook in a moderate oven about 30 minutes or unti browned and tender, keep warm.
- Curried Butter Sauce:.
- Blend or process egg yolks, curry powder, juice, garlic and mustard until smooth.
- With motor running, pour in hot bubbling butter a little at a time, blend until mixture is thickened.