Recipe by lindseylcw
Warm spices delicious with tender roasted pumpkin, great side dish. From Modern Moroccan by Ghillie Basan
Top Review by Elmotoo
10+ stars!! I used a butternut squash & it was sooo easy & soooo delicious!! If you eat the crispy bits, they're kind of hot, but combined with creamy yumminess of the squash it's sheer heaven. I quartered 1 squash but should have made at least 2 because everybody wanted more! Made for NA*ME Tag. Thanks, Linds!
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 -2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 dried red chilies, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium pumpkin, halved seeded and cut into 6 - 8 wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200C 400°F.
- Grind the whole spices, cinnamon, chillies and salt in a pestle and mortar.
- add garlic and a little olive oil and pound to form a paste.
- rub spice mix over the pumpkin and place, skin side down in ovenproof dish or roasting pan.
- bake for 35 - 40 mins until tender.
- serve hot.