Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
These waffles are my kids new favorite waffles. They're delicious! They have a light texture and the pumpkin flavor is not overpowering. The serving size is for Belgian waffles, but they will work fine in a regular waffle iron also.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt in large bowl.
- In a second bowl, add eggs, sugar, pumpkin, milk, and butter; beat well.
- Gently fold in the flour mixture.
- Cook according to your waffle iron directions.
- I do these in my belgian waffle iron and it uses about 1 cup batter and takes 4-5 minutes to bake.
- They come out a nice deep, golden brown.
- These are great with a little bit of syrup, but would also be great with honey butter.
Great taste, perfect balance of pumpkin and spices. As written, there is too much milk which makes for a thin and soft waffle. We enjoyed them, but next time I'd start with 1 cup milk and add more as needed to make a thicker batter. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
1 star I am a pumpkin fan and these waffles were a disappointment.
Just made these and they are excellent! I doubled the recipe because I wanted to use the whole can of pumpkin which was 15 oz. It's just short of 2 cups but worked out wonderfully. These will definitely be on my list of keepers!