Recipe by Sherri35
These waffles are my kids new favorite waffles. They're delicious! They have a light texture and the pumpkin flavor is not overpowering. The serving size is for Belgian waffles, but they will work fine in a regular waffle iron also.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Great taste, perfect balance of pumpkin and spices. As written, there is too much milk which makes for a thin and soft waffle. We enjoyed them, but next time I'd start with 1 cup milk and add more as needed to make a thicker batter. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 14.78 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml nutmeg
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 0.25 ml salt
- 2 eggs
- 59.14 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 236.59 ml canned pumpkin puree
- 395.10 ml milk
- 59.16 ml butter, melted and cooled
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt in large bowl.
- In a second bowl, add eggs, sugar, pumpkin, milk, and butter; beat well.
- Gently fold in the flour mixture.
- Cook according to your waffle iron directions.
- I do these in my belgian waffle iron and it uses about 1 cup batter and takes 4-5 minutes to bake.
- They come out a nice deep, golden brown.
- These are great with a little bit of syrup, but would also be great with honey butter.