Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Posting for Chef #29196
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 4 cups pumpkin, chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 16 raw king prawns, shelled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup Thai basil
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
- In a saucepan, heat vegetable oil with 1/4 cup of the coconut milk. Add curry paste and stir over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add pumpkin and stock and simmer until pumpkin is cooked. Cool. Puree in blander then transfer to a saucepan and season with palm sugar and fish sauce.
- Add prawns and simmer until just cooked, about 1 minute.
- Stir in Thai basil and remaining coconut milk.
- Divide prawns between individual serving bowls and garnish with shredded kaffir lime leaves.