Another Pumpkin Soup, that's all I can say.
Make and share this Spiced Pumpkin Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs pumpkin, cleaned and cut in chunks
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 liter chicken stock or 1 liter vegetable stock
- lemon juice
- chopped parsley or coriander, to serve
- sour cream (optional)
- Melt the butter in the pan you are making the soup in, fry the onion and garlic for 2 minutes, add the curry, cumin and cayenne pepper, fry a few minutes more.
- Add the pumpkin and the apple, mix, and then add the stock.
- Bring to the boil, lower the heat and simmer for 40 to 50 minutes.
- I use a hand-held blender to blend the soup but otherwise let the soup cool and blend in the food processor.
- Add the lemon juice and check the seasoning.
- Serve with the parsley sprinkled over, sour cream (or yoghurt) and nice bread.
- For vegetarian use vegetable stock.