1/2 Photos of Spiced Pumpkin Soup
1 hr 20 mins
Another Pumpkin Soup, that's all I can say.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs pumpkin, cleaned and cut in chunks
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 liter chicken stock or 1 liter vegetable stock
- lemon juice
- chopped parsley or coriander, to serve
- sour cream (optional)
- 1Melt the butter in the pan you are making the soup in, fry the onion and garlic for 2 minutes, add the curry, cumin and cayenne pepper, fry a few minutes more.
- 2Add the pumpkin and the apple, mix, and then add the stock.
- 3Bring to the boil, lower the heat and simmer for 40 to 50 minutes.
- 4I use a hand-held blender to blend the soup but otherwise let the soup cool and blend in the food processor.
- 5Add the lemon juice and check the seasoning.
- 6Serve with the parsley sprinkled over, sour cream (or yoghurt) and nice bread.
- 7For vegetarian use vegetable stock.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Pumpkin Soup
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.4
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 273.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 6.8 g