Recipe by Lainey39
A yummy cookie perfect for the holidays. Recipe is from Woman's Day. Prep time does not include time for frosting to set.
- 3⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup light butter or 1 cup regular butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese, softened (neufchatel)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange extract
- orange food coloring
- white multicolored sugar nonpareils
Directions See How It's Made
- Place raisins in small bowl; fill with hot water to cover.
- Let stand 10 minutes to soften; drain and reserve raisins.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees; lightly coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Beat butter, sugars, spice, vanilla and baking soda in a large bowl with mixer on medium speed 3 minutes or until fluffy.
- Beat in egg and pumpkin puree until well blended.
- On low speed, gradually beat in flour until just blended.
- Stir in reserved raisins.
- Drop level tablespoons of dough 1 inch apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake 14-16 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove to rack to cool completely.
- For frosting, beat ingredients in a medium bowl with mixer on medium-low speed until smooth; tint pastel orange with food color.
- Spread about 1 1/2 teaspoons frosting on each cookies.
- Sprinkle frosting with nonpareils.
- Refrigerate cookies to set frosting.
- Storage tip: Store airtight in refrigerator with waxed paper between layers up to 1 week.