Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups raw whole pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Combine the margarine, salt, garlic salt, worcestershire sauce and pumpkin seeds.
- Mix thoroughly and place in shallow baking dish.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
This smelled amazing when baking and I did have to bake for about 15 more minutes. Unfortunately, this did not have much flavour at all. I had to add quite a bit more salt and the garlic seasoning was very subtle.
....but I changed the recipe a bit. It didn't seem very flavorful made as listed (but I had soaked the seeds in water before hand to get rid on any dried pumpkin so it might have been that they had a lot of water) so I added another tablespoon or more of worchester sauce (which gave it a nice brown glaze), a couple of generous shakes of cinnamon sugar mix, and added some more garlic salt to taste (probably another 1/8 teaspoon) and just baked it until the worchester sauce reduced down to a glaze on the seeds. Everyone ate a lot of them, even my DH who hates pumpkin seeds and my two preschool age kids.
I thought I already posted a review, but apparently not. Suffice to say, this is the third year making them, which should speak to the awesomeness of the recipe! Thanks for sharing! :-)