Feel free to halve the vinegar in this recipe if you want a sweeter version. The longer these set, the better they are!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prick pumpkin chucks with a fork.
- 2Combine rest of the ingredients in a sauce pan and boil 5 minutes to make the syrup.
- 3Add fruit (in batches if necessary) and simmer until pumpkin is slightly tender.
- 4Spoon hot pumpkin in clean hot pint jars.
- 5Fill with hot syrup leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- 6(Prepare more syrup if necessary).
- 7Seal and process in a hot water bath for 15 minutes.
- 8*If you use whole cloves, spike the pumpkin pieces with them.
- 9**Try to even out the stick cinnamon among the jars.
- 10***This recipe needs to age.
- 11Best if left.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Pumpkin Preserves
Serving Size: 1 (1600 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 615.7
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 39.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 154.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 140.6 g
- Protein 2.4 g