Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Feel free to halve the vinegar in this recipe if you want a sweeter version. The longer these set, the better they are!
- Prick pumpkin chucks with a fork.
- Combine rest of the ingredients in a sauce pan and boil 5 minutes to make the syrup.
- Add fruit (in batches if necessary) and simmer until pumpkin is slightly tender.
- Spoon hot pumpkin in clean hot pint jars.
- Fill with hot syrup leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- (Prepare more syrup if necessary).
- Seal and process in a hot water bath for 15 minutes.
- *If you use whole cloves, spike the pumpkin pieces with them.
- **Try to even out the stick cinnamon among the jars.
- ***This recipe needs to age.
- Best if left.
So good! It's an interesting sweet and tangy taste. Makes very pretty gifts when canned in jars. Also very unique, not something you come across everyday. Loved it!