Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great tasting bread that is fairly low in fat with only 1/4 cup oil
- 946.36 ml all-purpose flour
- 14.79 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 3.69 ml salt
- 425.24 g pumpkin puree
- 473.18 ml packed brown sugar
- 236.59 ml apple juice
- 4 large eggs
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59-473.18 ml chopped nuts, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
- Sift flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt into medium bowl. Combine pumpkin, sugar, Juicy Juice, eggs, oil and vanilla extract in large bowl; stir well. Stir in flour mixture and 3/4 cup nuts just until moistened. Spoon into prepared loaf pans. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup nuts over top of loaves.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Oh YUM, YUM, YUM! This bread is amazing! It is sturdy yet also very moist, has a great crunchy crust and outstanding taste! The pumpkin and nuts are complemented perfectly by the spices. Mmmmm! I think it's one of the best, if not the best pumpkin bread Ive ever made. Loved it! :) I made half the recipe using part whole wheat flour and reducing the sugar to 1/4 cup in total. That was plenty sweet for our taste. Also I forgot to reserve nuts for sprinkling on top, so I had them all inside of the bread. That was lovely, though and I didnt have to be afraid of them burning in the oven. lol
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this keeper with us, Ceezie!
Made and reviewed for PRMR Tag November 2011.