Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Muffins are so fast to make so why not give this spiced pumpkin one a try.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup cooked pumpkin
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Stir together flour, sugars, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, baking soda and ginger in large bowl.
- Stir together all remaining ingredients in medium bowl; stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Spoon into paper-lined or greased muffin pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan.
These are moist and flavorful. I used Splenda for the white sugar. I will be making these again, but will add more ginger (love ginger!) next time. Made for Fall 2008 PAC.
these are really nice muffins, very light and fluffy. I was looking for a simple recipe that didn't require molasses, and this is it. the only change i made was adding a streusel topping. the muffins are also a little lakcing in pumpkin flavor, so next time I will definitely add more pumpkin. thanks for posting!