Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another Taste of Home recipe that sounds great for the upcoming fall weather. They say gingersnaps add crunch to this creamy, smooth mousse and I think my DGSs are going to love it. Timing does not include cooling time.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons cold water
- 3 egg yolks
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned pumpkin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 18 gingersnap cookies, divided
- In small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand for 1 minute or until softened.
- Beat in egg yolks and sugar.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until a thermometer reads 160 and mixture has thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to small bowl; beat until cool and thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in pumpkin and spices.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Fold into pumpkin mixture.
- Coursely crumble 12 gingersnaps; sprinkle into six parfait or dessert dishes.
- Spoon or pipe mousse over the top.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- Just before serving, garnish with remaining gingersnaps.