Recipe by breezermom
This recipe just screams fall and holidays to me. The orange marmalade cream cheese spread gives it a little something special.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Very, very nice tasting pumpkin bread, this is! And the marmalade spread was a great touch, too! Thanks for sharing another keeper! Even if I didn't make it for any of the winter holidays this first time, I'll be having it again, for sure! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Stars recipe tag]
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin, cooked and mashed (can use canned)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
Cream Cheese Spread
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and flour a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loafpan; line with wax paper. Grease and flour the wax paper. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda, and salt; stir well. Combine pumpkin and the next 9 ingredients in a medium mixing bowl; beat well at medium speed of an electric mixer. Add flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture, beating well. Stir in the pecans.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan; remove wax paper, and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cream Cheese Spread:.
- Beat the softened cream cheese at medium speed of an electric mixer until smooth. Add 1/2 cup orange marmalade, beating mixture until it is well blended. Serve with the bread.