Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a yummy loaf that goes well with "Cinnamon Honey Butter" .. Makes 1.5 pound loaf
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3⁄4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 1⁄3 cups bread flour, unsifted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Heat milk in the microwave for 30 seconds on HIGH.
- Add ingredients to the bread pan in the order given by the manufacturer.
- Set Cycle: Sweet, Loaf size: 1 1/2 lb.
- After 5 minutes, check the dough; add a tablespoon of flour at a time if too wet, or a tablespoon of water at a time if too dry.
I was not impressed with this recipe. There was no flavor and no one in the house liked it.
This was a beautiful loaf of bread, just as written. I added an extra tsp. of water to the dough during the second kneading, since it was shaking my machine around. It rose perfectly, and was absolutely DEE-licious!!! My DD, IAteMyGluestick, e-mailed this recipe to me a while ago. She loved it. I found a can of pumpkin rattling around in in my pantry and decided to try it yesterday. It's more than half gone already. Next time I might add a little more cinnamon, just because I like it!
This was fabulous! I followeed the directions exactly, no problems whatsoever. My husband and I ate more than half the loaf ourselves the first night, and it was gone the next morning! Not too overpoweringly pumpkiny, but has enough sweet to it. Yum yum! I will be making this again! Thanks for the recipe!