Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I find i am always keeping my eye out for different Pumpkin dessert recipes to try for Thanksgiving & Christmas(or anytime), rather than just the usual pumpkin pie. I came across this in a Homemakers magazine.I have not yet made it(but will). It sounds impressive looking, yet very easy to make.
- 473.18 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 236.59 ml vegetable oil
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 4 eggs
- 709.77 ml pureed unsweetened pumpkin
- 2 (453.59 g) packagebrick style cream cheese
- 44.37 ml molasses
- 709.77 ml icing sugar (confectioners)
- Stir flour with baking powder, baking soda,salt& cinnamon.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350,grease 2- 8 inch round cake pans.
- Combine oil& sugar with electric mixer on medium speed for 1 minute, still mixing,add eggs one at a time.
- Increase speed to high and beat for 2 minutes.
- Add dry ingredients in 3 additions,scraping the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula after each addition.
- Stir in pumpkin.
- Scrape equal amounts of the batter into each cake pan.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes;remove and cool to room temperature on rack.
- For icing: Beat cream cheese until smooth,add molasses and half the icing sugar,mix on low speed until combined.
- Add remaining sugar and mix until combined;increase speed to high and beat for 1 minute or until very smooth.
- To assemble Cake: Cut each layer in half to make 4 layers.
- Spread just enough frosting over bottom layer to cover well.
- Top with second layer,and spread more frosting evenly over that layer,repeat with next layer, top with last layer and remaining frosting,swirling to decorate.