Rhonda *J*'s Note:
I find i am always keeping my eye out for different Pumpkin dessert recipes to try for Thanksgiving & Christmas(or anytime), rather than just the usual pumpkin pie. I came across this in a Homemakers magazine.I have not yet made it(but will). It sounds impressive looking, yet very easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir flour with baking powder, baking soda,salt& cinnamon.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Preheat oven to 350,grease 2- 8 inch round cake pans.
- 4Combine oil& sugar with electric mixer on medium speed for 1 minute, still mixing,add eggs one at a time.
- 5Increase speed to high and beat for 2 minutes.
- 6Add dry ingredients in 3 additions,scraping the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula after each addition.
- 7Stir in pumpkin.
- 8Scrape equal amounts of the batter into each cake pan.
- 9Bake 30-35 minutes or until tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
- 10Cool in pan for 5 minutes;remove and cool to room temperature on rack.
- 11For icing: Beat cream cheese until smooth,add molasses and half the icing sugar,mix on low speed until combined.
- 12Add remaining sugar and mix until combined;increase speed to high and beat for 1 minute or until very smooth.
- 13To assemble Cake: Cut each layer in half to make 4 layers.
- 14Spread just enough frosting over bottom layer to cover well.
- 15Top with second layer,and spread more frosting evenly over that layer,repeat with next layer, top with last layer and remaining frosting,swirling to decorate.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Pumpkin Layer Cake with Molasses Cream Cheese Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 992.9
- Calories from Fat 449
- Total Fat 49.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 168.1 mg
- Sodium 746.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 129.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 99.1 g
- Protein 11.1 g