Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yummy and Spicy Pumpkin Fudge
- 3 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (6 1/3 ounce) can evaporated milk (2/3C)
- 1⁄2 can canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (12 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, butter, milk, pumpkin and spice; bring to a boil, stirring constantly until mixture reaches 234 degrees on a candy thermometer, about 10 minutes.
- emove from heat and stir in butterscotch morsels.
- Add marshmallow cream, nuts and vanilla, mixing until well blended.
- Quickly pour into a greased 13x9 baking pan, spreading until even.
- Let cool at room temperature and cut into squares.
- Wrap tightly and store in refrigerator.
1/2 of what size can? I used the large one. 10 minutes to reach 234? Took mine almost an hour. Pour? Once everything was mixed, it was one large ball. Texture is that of firm nougat and tastes like butterscotch, not pumpkin.
Good fudge! I used 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin and chopped pecans instead of almonds. My grandpa loved it!
As mentioned below, it's not clear what size can of pumpkin to use. I used a small can (about the size of a can of condensed soup). Also, I gave up after 15 minutes of boiling and stirring. My thermometer was a little shy of 225. The pan is still cooling, so I'm not sure what consistency the "fudge" will be. The "batter" sure tasted good - so I assume it will be edible. I'll let you know tomorrow when I cut it. <br/><br/>The person mentioning 1/2 hour to hit temperature was a trooper. My arms got tired of stirring.