Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Recipe taken from the Kraft Foods website.
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) box Sure-Jell
- Rinse clean plastic containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly.
- Measure pumpkin and spice into large bowl. Add lemon juice. Stir sugars into pumpkin and let stand for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Mix water and pectin in small saucepan. Bring to a boil on high heat, stirring constantly. Continue boiling and stirring for 1 minute.
- Add pectin mixture into pumpkin. Stir constantly until sugar is dissolved and no longer grainy, about 3 minutes. A few sugar crystals may remain and this is ok.
- Fill containers quickly to within 1/2 inch of tops. Wipe edges clean and cover with lids. Let stand at room temperature for 24 hours.
- Spread is now ready for use.
- Store spread in refrigerator up to 3 weeks or in the freezer for up to 1 year.
- If freezing, allow spread to thaw in refrigerator prior to use.