Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Rich and Creamy, it's like pumpkin pie without the crust! Garnished with candied pecans and whipped cream it looks irresistible! Cooking time is chilling time.
For the candied pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves
For the Pumpkin Cream
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons orange zest, grated
- 1 tablespoon dark rum or 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- sweetened whipped cream, for serving
- To make the candied nuts: Line a cookie sheet with foil. Melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in the 1/4 cup brown sugar and the corn syrup. Cook, stirring until sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes. Cover pan and cook one more minute. Uncover and add pecans. Cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until nuts are a little darker.
- Immediately pour mixture in prepared baking sheet. Spread pecans in a single layer and let cool. Break into pieces.
- For the cream:.
- In a large mixing bowl combine pumpkin with the rest of the ingredients except the whipped cream. When everything is well incorporated, fold in the whipped cream. Spoon mixture into individual dessert bowls or into a large serving bowl. Chill at least 10 minutes or up to 3 hours before serving. To serve top with whipped cream and sprinkle with candied pecans.
I had no trouble at all with this VERY, VERY NICE recipe! The candied pecans are a wonderful addition, & the pumpkin cream can out VERY TASTY! I did use the OJ instead of the rum & thought that it, along with the zest, gave it a great flavor! Definitely a nice change on a winter's day 'pumpkin-anything'! Thanks for the keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Beverage Tag]
I wish I could give this more stars. The flavor was good, but for some reason I couldn't get the whipping cream to thicken. Not sure if it was my doing or not. I used the rum and orange zest. To me the orange was over powering. I may try to make this again soon because I feel that it deserves a second chance. I do have to say that the candied pecans were right on!! Thanks for posting. I will update my review soon.