Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
This recipe courtesy of Bon Appetit, October 2002. This needs to chill overnight, so plan accordingly.
- 9 whole graham crackers, broken (about 4 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- For crust:.
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°F
- Wrap double layer of heavy-duty foil around outside of 10-inch-diameter springform pan.
- Combine graham crackers, sugar, and cinnamon in processor.
- Blend until graham crackers are very finely ground.
- Drizzle butter over.
- Using on/off turns, blend until crumbs begin to stick together.
- Press crumbs onto bottom (not sides) of springform pan.
- Bake until crust is slightly golden, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to rack and cool while preparing filling.
- Maintain oven temperature.
- For filling:.
- Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until smooth and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs 1 at a time.
- Add pumpkin and remaining 7 ingredients.
- Beat just until blended.
- Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Place springform pan in large roasting pan.
- Add enough water to come halfway up sides of springform pan.
- Bake cheesecake until slightly puffed and softly set and top is golden, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Transfer springform pan to rack and cool.
- Cover and refrigerate cake overnight.
- Using knife, cut around sides of pan to loosen cake.
- Release pan sides.
- Cut cheesecake into wedges and serve.
I made this a couple of years ago. It was my first time ever making a cheesecake and it came out wonderfully! The texture, the taste, the smell...heaven!! I drizzled a little caramel syrup on top of individual slices and it made it taste that much better.