Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
A very good pumpkin bread with nuts and raisins and a nice glaze to give a little sweet touch.
Make and share this Spiced Pumpkin Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 158.51 ml butter, softened
- 631.69 ml granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 453.59 g can pumpkin
- 158.51 ml milk
- 787.84 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 7.39 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 7.39 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 2.46 ml clove
- 177.44 ml chopped nuts (I like walnuts)
- 177.44 ml raisins
For the Glaze
- 118.29 ml confectioners' sugar
- 0.59 ml ground cinnamon
- 0.59 ml ground nutmeg
- 9.85-14.78 ml milk
- Prehat oven to 350 F.
- Grease bottoms of 2 loaf pans.
- Cream together butter and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs, pumpkin, and milk.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Do not overmix.
- Fold in the raisins and nuts.
- Divide batter evenly between the two loaf pans.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 65-70 minutes.
- Cool slightly, then loosen sides of pan and invert loaf to remove.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- While bread is cooling, prepare glaze.
- Mix confectioners sugar together with the cinnamon and nutmeg and just enough milk to form a drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle glaze over loaves.
- Slice loaves and serve when cool.
- To store unused portions, wrap and refrigerate for no longer than 10 days.
Very nice bread. I omitted the raisins and the glaze to make it more like a traditional pumpkin bread. Also added 1/2 tsp. of ginger. Otherwise, I made it by the recipe, and the texture was perfect--not too gummy, not too coarse. Spiced just right, too--fragrant, but not overpowering. Remember to bake at 325 if you're using glass pans, otherwise it comes out with the crust overdone.
SUPERB pumpkin bread.. Ease in preparation, the smell while baking.. well it woke the hubby up and brought him downstairs.. but my favorite part of the deal, it made two very nice loaves... try it, you will not be let down.. thanks suel.