Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is the second bread recipe from my friend Barb. Very moist and delicious, spices are not too overpowering. This makes 2 loaves.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease two 9x5 loaf pans, line bottom with wax paper or parchment paper and then grease the paper too.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and salt in a medium bowl, set aside.
- Beat sugar and oil in large bowl until blended. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until well blended, then beat in the pumpkin.
- Add the flour mixture and stir until just blended. Fold in the nuts. Pour the batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake for about 70 minutes until toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from pans to cool completely. Remove the wax paper before serving.