Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
From Yahoo Groups.
Make and share this Spiced Pumpkin Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a loaf pan with non stick spray. Set aside.
- In bowl, combine flours, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves.
- Add the egg whites, pumpkin, buttermilk, applesauce, and molasses.
- Use electric mixer, beat until just blended than beat on high speed for 2 minuts.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes.
- Cool bread in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan, cool completely on wire rack.