1/4 Photos of Spiced Pumpkin Bread
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This is the best pumpkin bread I've ever tasted! I got the recipe from the November, 1995 issue of Bon Appetit Magazine. It was submitted by Vern Bertagna of West Frankfort, IL. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 2Butter and flour two 9x5x3" loaf pans.
- 3Beat sugar and oil in large bowl to blend.
- 4Mix in eggs and pumpkin.
- 5Sift flour, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, salt and baking powder into another large bowl.
- 6Stir into pumpkin mixture in 2 addtions.
- 7Mix in walnuts, if desired.
- 8Divide batter equally between prepared pans.
- 9Bake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- 10Transfer to racks and cool 10 minutes.
- 11Using sharp knife, cut around edge of loaves.
- 12Turn loaves out onto racks and cool completely.
- 13Makes 2 loaves.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Pumpkin Bread
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 421.1
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 34.8 mg
- Sodium 177.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 38.1 g
- Protein 5.0 g