Cook1 hr 10 mins
This is the best pumpkin bread I've ever tasted! I got the recipe from the November, 1995 issue of Bon Appetit Magazine. It was submitted by Vern Bertagna of West Frankfort, IL. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Butter and flour two 9x5x3" loaf pans.
- Beat sugar and oil in large bowl to blend.
- Mix in eggs and pumpkin.
- Sift flour, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, salt and baking powder into another large bowl.
- Stir into pumpkin mixture in 2 addtions.
- Mix in walnuts, if desired.
- Divide batter equally between prepared pans.
- Bake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Transfer to racks and cool 10 minutes.
- Using sharp knife, cut around edge of loaves.
- Turn loaves out onto racks and cool completely.
- Makes 2 loaves.