Cooking Light. Nov 2008
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a large bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Chill 10 minutes.
- 3Combine buttermilk and honey, stirring with a whisk until well blended; add canned pumpkin. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moist.
- 4Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead lightly 4 times. Roll dough into a (1/2-inch-thick) 9 x 5–inch rectangle; dust top of dough with flour.
- 5Fold dough crosswise into thirds (as if folding a piece of paper to fit into an envelope). Reroll dough into a (1/2-inch-thick) 9 x 5–inch rectangle; dust top of dough with flour. Fold dough crosswise into thirds; gently roll or pat to a 3/4-inch thickness.
- 6Cut dough with a 1 3/4-inch biscuit cutter to form 14 dough rounds. Place dough rounds, 1 inch apart, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 7Bake at 400° for 14 minutes or until golden. Remove from pan; cool 2 minutes on wire racks. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Pumpkin Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.3
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 10.9 mg
- Sodium 216.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: