Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
The applesauce mixed with the pumpkin makes these bars moist and adds to the flavor, you may frost them if desired :)
Top Review by Muffin Goddess
Great bars! I made these and frosted them with JamesDean'sGirl's Coffee-Cream Cheese Icing, which was a great combination. I added a cup of Hershey's cinnamon chips to the batter, too. Very moist and pumpkin-y, they definitely would have been fine without frosting (I'm just partial to frosted anything). I upped the spices (cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg) just a bit, because I like pumpkin stuff very spiced. I really liked that there was no oil in this recipe, too; I really struggle with adding oil by the cupful to recipes (mental thing, y'know). Very good overall, I'll be making this again!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar (or 3/4 cup white sugar and 3/4 cup brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 4 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups pumpkin (cooked or canned)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
Directions See How It's Made
- set oven to 350 degrees.
- set oven rack to second lowest position.
- grease a 15x10 baking sheet.
- in a bowl, sift all dry ingredients.
- in another bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin and applesauce; mix well.
- stir into the dry ingredients.
- spread into prepared baking sheet.
- bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- cool, sprinkle with icing sugar.
- cut into bars.