Recipe by Latchy
This is adapted from a Womens Weekly recipe. Good vegetarian recipe served with some rice.
Top Review by Missy Wombat
I wasn't sure what was happening with the coconut, whether you use coconut milk or cream or wheher you add dessicated coconut and some water. So I used a tin of coconut cream plus a little more water. Otherwise it is a good solid basic little recipe and my toddler loved it and ate without argument.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 50 g red lentils
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 6 dried curry leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 600 g peeled and chopped butternut pumpkin
- 500 ml water
- 15 g shredded coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat ghee in pan and add lentils, seeds and curry leaves and cook stirring until lentils are browned and seeds pop.
- Add garlic, spices and spring onions, cook stirring until spices become nice and fragrant.
- Add pumpkin and water and simmer covered 10 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, cook uncovered for about 5 minutes and the pumpkin is tender.