Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was adopted from John-Doh and is a Bahamian recipes. Posting in response to the carribean flare
- 22.18 ml peanut oil
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 3.69 ml ground coriander
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 1.62 ml ground cardamom
- 4.92 ml grated fresh ginger
- 4.92 ml ground turmeric
- 2.46 ml chili powder or 2.46 ml fresh chili pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 226.79 g prawns
- 453.59 g fresh tomato, peeled and chopped
- salt and pepper
- nutty flavoured brown rice or pasta
- Heat the oil and add the onion slices, frying gently until soft and golden. Add all spices and garlic and heat through a few minutes.
- Now add prawns, stirring around to coat evenly with spice mixture. Add the tomatoes and some S+P, bringing to a simmer and cooking 20-25 minutes, uncovered, which will rake off a lot of water and reduce the tomato to a sauce.
- Serve with rice or pasta.
Just the right amount of spice for the family...next time I would add a bit more for just myself. This was really good. I didn't have quite enough fresh tomatoes to make me happy so I added a can of chopped tomatoes...and it was YUMMY!!! Thanks for posting, V.
Perfect, PErFEt! I was running around, thinking, thinking, what could I have for dinner, quick, (yes) tasty, (yes) easy, (yes), Caribbean, (yes) fit into *ZWT3 07*, (yes) can cook anytime, (YES!) Ya done it again, ~V. Had everything on hand, and ALL the seasoning was absolutely crazy, wonderful. Had a big bag of frozen prawns, fresh tomatoes, and pasta. What else could I say? TRY IT!