Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
This recipe was adopted from John-Doh and is a Bahamian recipes. Posting in response to the carribean flare
Top Review by A Good Thing
Just the right amount of spice for the family...next time I would add a bit more for just myself. This was really good. I didn't have quite enough fresh tomatoes to make me happy so I added a can of chopped tomatoes...and it was YUMMY!!! Thanks for posting, V.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄3 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder or 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh chili pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 ounces prawns
- 1 lb fresh tomato, peeled and chopped
- salt and pepper
- nutty flavoured brown rice or pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil and add the onion slices, frying gently until soft and golden. Add all spices and garlic and heat through a few minutes.
- Now add prawns, stirring around to coat evenly with spice mixture. Add the tomatoes and some S+P, bringing to a simmer and cooking 20-25 minutes, uncovered, which will rake off a lot of water and reduce the tomato to a sauce.
- Serve with rice or pasta.