Friendly on the waistline! Finger food or a main dish served with noodles/rice and vegetables, a simple but very tasty dish. If you can't get lemon grass or lime leaves, the best substitute I can think of is to use grated lime zest. Marinating time not included.
- 2 lbs medium prawns or 2 lbs large shrimp
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped lemongrass or 2 teaspoons kaffir lime leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 small shallots, very finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce, to taste
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil (for frying)
- Shell and devein the prawns, leave the tails on if you want.
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade, add the prawns, mix well, cover, put in the fridge and marinate preferably overnight.
- When ready to cook, heat the oil in a non-stick pan and stir fry the prawns until cooked, you better do this in batches.