Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
Friendly on the waistline! Finger food or a main dish served with noodles/rice and vegetables, a simple but very tasty dish. If you can't get lemon grass or lime leaves, the best substitute I can think of is to use grated lime zest. Marinating time not included.
- 2 lbs medium prawns or 2 lbs large shrimp
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped lemongrass or 2 teaspoons kaffir lime leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 small shallots, very finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce, to taste
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil (for frying)
- Shell and devein the prawns, leave the tails on if you want.
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade, add the prawns, mix well, cover, put in the fridge and marinate preferably overnight.
- When ready to cook, heat the oil in a non-stick pan and stir fry the prawns until cooked, you better do this in batches.
this was nice and quick. i omitted the hot sauce as my kids don't like it and i doubled the recipe for the 6 of us, it was enjoyed by all
This was a great, easy meal! I doubled the marinade and served it over brown rice, using the marinade as a sauce also.
This was wonderful I loved using the fine gound Lemon grass (my previous lemon grass had wee sticks in it). the combination of these spices gave a slightly sweet but subtle flavor to the prawns it did not overpower the prawn flavor itself We enjoyed the recipe very much THANKS Pets'R'us