1/1 Photo of Spiced Prawns
Friendly on the waistline! Finger food or a main dish served with noodles/rice and vegetables, a simple but very tasty dish. If you can't get lemon grass or lime leaves, the best substitute I can think of is to use grated lime zest. Marinating time not included.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs medium prawns or 2 lbs large shrimp
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped lemongrass or 2 teaspoons kaffir lime leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 small shallots, very finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce, to taste
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil (for frying)
- 1Shell and devein the prawns, leave the tails on if you want.
- 2Combine all the ingredients for the marinade, add the prawns, mix well, cover, put in the fridge and marinate preferably overnight.
- 3When ready to cook, heat the oil in a non-stick pan and stir fry the prawns until cooked, you better do this in batches.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Prawns
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.3
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 285.7 mg
- Sodium 1473.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 31.5 g