Prep 7 mins
Cook 20 mins
Need a side for the BBQ ribs on a day too hot to cook in the kitchen? A little olive oil makes these heart-friendly potatoes brown up like french fries. They are flavorful rather than hot but if you like hot add some red pepper flakes. Consider serving a little sour cream on the side for dipping. Note: seasoning mix makes enough for 2 batches. The proportions worked out better for the larger batch.
- 6 -7 medium baking potatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Cut potatoes lengthwise into slabs 1/2" to 3/4" thick.
- Brush both sides of potato slabs with olive oil.
- Combine ingredients for seasoning mix, mixing very thoroughly.
- Sprinkle a generous dusting of seasoning mix over both sides of potato slabs.
- Grill over low to medium heat about 7-10 minutes per side or until cooked through and nicely browned on both sides. Brush on a little extra olive oil before turning.
I didn't care much for this but my DH liked them. We bake alot of potatoes on the grill so it was nice to have these for a change of pace. I will make these again for DH.