Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
A spicy snack that is so addictive!
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Soak potatoes in ice-cold water for 5 minutes.
- Drain and dry thoroughly.
- In bowl, combine oil, turmeric, cumin, coriander and cayenne.
- Add potatoes and toss to coat.
- Arrange potatoes on baking sheet, bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Turn potatoes over and return to the oven for another 20-25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.
Evelyn, my husband loved these potatoes! They were soft and nicely spiced. I made a trip to the health food store especially to buy the coriander and tumeric. So glad I did! Thanks for posting!
Very easy, very tasty, very good! This was a quick fix and really didn't take that long to cook. The different spices worked very well together. Thanks for posting.
Very good spicy potatoes, Ev, & so low-fat too. I didn't make them, but we had the pleasure of having them served to us in Dallas while visiting *SusieQusie* last mo. I felt the need for more salt in the spice mix, but that is usual for me & falls more into the pers pref category. DH did not agree, btw. Thx to you (& SQ) for sharing your recipe w/us. :-)