Prep 2 hrs
Cook 25 mins
Gave this 5 stars. A little involved, but I like that kind of thing...
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin (sliced 1 inch thick)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 6 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon lime zest (grated)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- olive oil (as needed)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion (sliced thin)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 jalapenos (seeded, minced)
- 1⁄2 lb shiitake mushroom (stemmed, julienned)
- 4 plum tomatoes (seeded, chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup mixed fresh herbs (parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme, minced)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- Rub pork all over with lemon juice.
- Combine the brown sugar, cocoa, chicli powder, lime zest, cumin, cinnamon and salt.
- Rub all over pork. Let stand 2 hours.
- Heat oven 400.
- Heat a little oil in a large skillet.
- Brown pork slices on both sides. Place in oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 3 tablespoons oil in a wok.
- Add the onion, garlic and jalapenos. Saute 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms. Saute 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes. Saute until dry.
- Stir in the herbs, balsamic, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Place on plates. Top with pork slices.