Prep 4 hrs
Cook 35 mins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, ground fresh
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice, ground
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 7 ounces chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- PORK: combine first 6 ingredients; sprinkle evenly over pork. Place in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal and refrigerate 3 hours.
- When ready to cook:.
- Preheat over to 375.
- Remove pork from bag. Place pork in a roasting pan; drizzle with oil.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in center of pork registers 155 degrees.
- Remove pork from pan; cover and let stand 10 minutes.
- Remove 2 tsp adobo sauce from can of chiles. Reserve remaining chiles and sauce for another use.
- Add 2 tsp adobo sauce, syrup, broth and vinegar to roasting pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Cook over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Place pork in pan, turning to coat.
- Remove pork from pan, reserving sauce in pan.
- Cut pork into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Strain sauce through a fine sieve into a bowl; serve with pork.
Okay, I was thinking that all these spices mixed with syrup and chipotles was going to be a tad off. But OMG, this was AMAZING!!! Loved it. The only changes I made was to boneless sirloin chops instead of tenderloins and subbed cider vinegar for red wine. I will be making this often. My fiance has already requested it be made again this week. Thanks so much.
Made for My 3 Chefs June 2008. Excellent flavor and so so easy! Made this for our Father's Day celebration and it was a hit. I had originally intended to grill the pork instead of baking it in the oven, but the weather didn't cooperate so I baked it in the oven like the recipe said and it was wonderful. My mother asked for the recipe and I'm sure she'll make it quite often as will I. Thanks for posting this great recipe!!