Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I haven't tried this one, but it looked good
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup ground coriander
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons bacardi golden rum
- 3 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin, fat trimmed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 deg.
- Combine cinnamon, ginger, coriander, brown sugar and rum in small mixing bowl.
- Rub pork with spice mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in pan& sear pork until golden brown on all sides.
- Transfer pork to baking sheet and place in oven for 15-20 mins.
- or until it reaches an internal temp of 155.
5 star for taste. Wonderful combination of flavors.I cut the recipe back to one 6 oz serving, cut the tenderloin into 3" pieces, pounded them slightly.. Mixed the rum & spices, placed the meat in a ziplock bag and poured in the marinade. The recipe says to rub pork with spice mixture but it is too liquid to rub but perfect as a marinade.Left it for 2 hours and then panfired the pieces, 5 minutes each side. I have to ask do you really use 3 1/2 lbs of tenderloing for 4 sevings or is this a misprint? Thanks for a very tasty and attractive recipe Chill
Sounds better than it is, I'm afraid. I found it was a bit of a messy affair to make, and the end result was nice enough but missing something, somehow... considering the quantities of seasoning, it was suprisingly lacking in flavour... go figure! On the up-side, it smelled great while cooking.