Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 hrs
This is a recipe out of a Cooking Light book that I received from my swap partner in the 2007 annual cook book swap. It is a wonderful crock pot meal.
- 2 lbs boneless pork loin, trimeed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove, ground
- 29 ounces diced tomatoes, 2 cans drained
- 10 hamburger buns, toasted
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a 4 quart slow cooker.
- Cover with lid and cook on high for 1 hour.
- Reduce to low heat and cook for 8 hours or until the roast is tender.
- Shred pork with 2 forks.
- Serve with a slotted spoon on toasted buns.
Not bad! The cloves and cinnamon added a different (yet delicious) flavor. Was very easy to prepare.
I didn't bother cutting up the pork either - just shredded it with forks right before dinner. Delicious!
Very good! I didn't even bother to cut up the pork loin, just put the whole thing in the crockpot and it just fell apart on its own. I wouldn't change a thing!