Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Delicious recipe from Yahoo Low Fat Recipes. The seasonings can be used for any meat, I really like using it with chicken as well as pork. My brother who hates pork loves these medallions. The red currant jelly can be replaced by regular strawberry jelly, I did that until we went and actually bought currant jelly. It tastes good both ways.
- 2 (3/4 lb) pork tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup red currant jelly
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth
- Trim any fat and sinew from pork tenderloins.
- Cut each tenderloin crosswise into 4 pieces.
- Between 2 sheets of waxed paper, place pork pieces cut side up.
- Pound with meat mallet (or rolling pin) until each piece is a 1/2 inch thick medallion.
- In medium bowl mix salt, cinnamon, pepper, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Dip both sides of medallions into the mixture.
- In 12 inch cooking skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until very hot.
- Add pork medallions and cook 5 minutes per side or until they lose their pink color throughout.
- Remove pork to warm platter.
- Stir currant jelly into drippings in skillet until melted.
- Stir in chicken brother and heat to boiling.
- Spoon sauce over pork.
TOO Salty!!!! overpowered a nice blend of seasonings and sauce
So loved this recipe. I might use a little less salt but other than that it was perfect. Even my son who is not a meat lover loved it. I just need to make more next time!! Thanks for sharing this recipe.